12 Jul Meet Chris: Director of Client Relations
We are so excited to announce that we have recently hired Chris Larkin as our Director of Client Relations. We decided to ask him a few questions so that you could get to know him a bit more!
- What are you most excited about working for EmPower?
- Firstly, I’m excited to join such a supportive and holistically healthy group of professionals! I have a diverse business development background helping businesses grow in the medical and wellness industries and am excited to contribute these experiences as well as my love for building relationships in order to help EmPower grow and stay cutting edge.
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- Having moved every two years of my life growing up in the USA, England, Thailand, and India, this is a tough question! If I were to be blindfolded and thrown on a plane, I would say prayers that I would land either somewhere in the foothills of the Himalayas of Nepal/India or a quiet lake in the Adirondack Mountains of NY.
- What do you like do in your freetime?
- Above everything, I love to visit with my family who all conveniently live in the Portland area. I’m an avid snowboarder, cyclist, hiker, and recently got back into rollerblading after a dry spell! I love to cook, paint, throw clay on the potter’s wheel, and am constantly feeding my love of music collection! Meditation practice is also a daily discipline that I enjoy working on and sharing the benefits with others😊
- What are you passionate about?
- I’m passionate about people and learning about different cultures through the intersection of food, art, and music. I’ve found these elements to be consistent connection points amongst people and are a great common ground for building genuine relationships in personal and professional life. I’m also very passionate about observing the natural world. Much can be learned about oneself and the world around us by simply paying attention to nature.
- Who inspires you?
- In general, people who wear their heart on their sleeve and find creative ways to help others, however novel it may be. Some inspiring individuals in my life are Bill Hicks, Ajaan Chah, The Dalai Lama, Jimi Hendrix, and Mr. Rodgers.